Who doesn’t want clearer, fresher, younger looking skin? Well I suppose if you’re 15, it may not matter that much to you, lol. But for the rest of us that have grown well past that tender age, we’re all looking for ways to get our skin as healthy (and younger looking!) as possible. It can be achieved without spending a lot of money and it can happen naturally if you follow some simple guidelines. A proper skin care regiment, if followed, could achieve visible changes in just a couple of weeks and will help your skin look fresher and clearer. To help you achieve your goal, here are 10 Easy Steps To Clearer Skin:
10 Easy Steps To Clearer Skin:
- Keeping your skin clean is your first priority! You must cleanse your face morning and night with a gentle, natural cleanser that rids the skin of dirt and grime. Just removing makeup with oils or other synthetic removers isn’t enough, you need to cleanse the skin and get off all the nasties.
- After cleansing, exfoliate. Use a gentle exfoliate made for the tender skin on your face, or you can even use just a washcloth to gently scrub the dead skin off. Stay clear of your eye area, including the under-eye as the skin there is very thin and vulnerable (plus you don’t want any scratchy stuff in your eye!). Don’t neglect your neck area! Use an all-over body scrub too to enjoy your baby-soft skin all over.
- After exfoliating, gently pat dry and then spray a fine toning mist over the face to cool and help close the pores while they are clean. Let this mist dry on the face.
- When the toner has dried apply a very small amount of moisturizer over the entire face and neck. Look for a moisturizer that is made for your skin type. You can also use a serum for your face in place of a moisturizer. Serums are made specifically for deeper and more intense “spa type” moisturizing.
- Believe it or not, getting the right amount of restful sleep. You should be getting 7-9 hours a night. Not enough sleep over a period of time will result in problems that are hard to cure such as loose skin under the eyes and dark circles.
- The food you eat is of the utmost importance for healthy, clear skin! Make sure you are getting a good amount of fresh fruits and vegetables and limit your red meat intake to three or four times a week. Foods that are easily digested will help your system keep your skin nourished and promote fresh, new cell growth.
- Hydration, hydration, hydration! Drink lots and lots of water and limit your caffeine and alcohol. Stay away from tobacco too.
- Once a month use a home steam treatment to thoroughly draw out impurities from the face. Add boiling water to a basin or bowl and add two drops of tea tree oil, lavender oil, or other essential oil blends. Place your face over this with a towel covering and gently let the steam open and cleanse the pores. Be careful not to let the steam burn your face. Finish with a tepid face wash.
- Work it! Get out into the fresh air and take a walk, have a swim, ride a bike – whatever will get that blood pumping! The exercise will boost your system and your skin will love it.
- Take a daily vitamin, there are many to choose from and some specifically for skin, hair and nails.
These easy tips will help you get that clear skin you so desperately want, remember to make the lifestyle changes you need to and enjoy the benefits that will come with it! A fresher, clearer more youthful looking complexion.